Higher Education

Higher Education

The Coeur d’Alene Tribe Higher Education Office assists Coeur d’Alene Tribal Members in acquiring their Associate of Arts, Associate of Arts & Science, and Bachelors Degree in their chosen field of study. Recipients can attend classes part-time or full-time. Services may include assistance with tuition and fees, books and supplies and support services. Applications can be found on the Coeur d’Alene Tribal Website, or picked up at the Department of Education located at in Plummer. 

New Student/Continuing Student Orientation
ATTN: All CDA Tribal Students

If you plan on attending college please plan to attend a MANDATORY Orientation Workshop which will be held at the Coeur d’Alene Tribe Department of Education Building.

Mandatory Orientation Workshop Dates: TBA
Please contact DOE for more information about orientation.

To access the Higher Education application and/or scholarships, click the buttons below.

Eligibility Requirements

  • Be an enrolled member of the Coeur d’Alene Tribe
  • Complete and return Higher Education Program application by deadline dates
  • Submit verification of High School Diploma or GED, if applicable
  • Attend an Educational Institution that is Regionally Accredited and eligible for Title IV grants (Federally Funded Financial Aid)
  • All students must apply for FAFSA (Federal Student Aid) annually, prior to the start of each school year you are requesting assistance from the Tribe. 
  • Students must maintain a grade point average of 2.0 or better to remain eligible to receive assistance from the program. Failure to maintain a grade point average of 2.0 may result in the student being placed on probation and/or suspension

HED Contact Information

Stacey Parr
HED Manager
PH: 208-686-5114
Fax: 208-686-5804
Email: stacey.parr@cdatribe-nsn.gov

Student Requirements

  • Applicants who fail to provide any of the documents described above will not be eligible for assistance until all such documents are received by our department.
  • All grants and scholarship funds awarded to students, including the Federal Pell grant must be used to pay down all expenses toward tuition, fees, books, room and board before any funds will be available from the CDA Tribe Department of Education.  If any duplication is paid in error from the Tribe, the student will be responsible for reimbursement of those duplicated funds back to CDA Department of Education.
  • All students will be required to turn in progress reports, evaluations, and/or grades at the end of each semester or quarter. Failure to submit aforementioned documentation may delay processing of future assistance from the Higher Education Program.
  • Students who drop classes or withdraw from school must immediately notify the Higher Education Office, and submit a letter stating reasons why the course was dropped. Students who drop classes or withdraw from school must immediately notify the Higher Education Office, and submit a letter stating reasons why the course was dropped.

Vandal Generations Tribal Scholarship

If you are an enrolled member of one of the MOU Tribes listed on the flyer below, do not miss out on this opportunity to earn a $5000 re-occurring scholarship. For more information, email or call using the contact information below.

(208) 885-4237

University of Idaho: IKEEP

The University of Idaho’s IKEEP program is now accepting applications. If you are interested, please click the link below for more information. The brochure provided by the University of Idaho also provides additional information.

Priority Deadline: February 1st

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a degree plan and where can I get one?

A degree plan is a list of classes a student is required to take in order to complete their chosen degree. A degree plan can be found online, in the college catalog, or obtained from the student advisor.

What is a Needs Analysis Form?

At the Department of Ed. we refer to it as FORM #2 or your student budget. This form lists your cost to attend college per academic year, it also lists your financial aid so that we are able to determine your unmet need. The Department of Ed covers the costs that are not covered by Financial Aid and scholarships within the allowable limit.

How do I know when the term is going to start?

Typically classes begin in late August for Fall and January for Winter/Spring terms each year. However the deadlines to register for credited classes are set by the college.

Why do I need a student advisor?

All students should be assigned a student advisor to help guide you and answer any questions you may have while on campus. Advisors also assist you with choosing classes and maintaining a schedule so that you are on target for graduation in a timely manner.

What if I need help with problems at the school?

If you have any questions or concerns with your college that you are unable to handle, you can call the Department staff to answer questions, or request assistance in getting the problem resolved.

Why do I need to fill out a FAFSA?

FAFSA is federal aid that assists all eligible applicants with funding for college. It helps to reduce the amount of money that the tribe pays out toward your tuition/books, allowing for our department to assist as many Coeur d’Alene Tribal Members as we can.

Why do I need to apply for outside scholarships?

The Coeur d’Alene Tribe financially supports students at the highest level possible.  However, the cost of higher education continues to rise, limiting the amount of funding available to all those who apply. There are several grant and scholarship opportunities out there that our students are eligible to receive, and every dollar the student is awarded helps the Tribe to serve as many students as possible.  Please check with your college of interest to explore the grants and scholarships available. Another great option is www.collegescholarships.org, seek support from your schools financial aid office, your advisor, and Native American student center.  It is our goal to serve as many students as we can by responsibly seeking every funding opportunity available. Loans come at a high price to students who then leave college with debt. Loans are highly discouraged.

Contact Us

  • 1115 B St, Plummer, ID 83851
  • 208-686-1800
  • PO Box 408, Plummer, ID 83851
  • 208-686-5804
  • Staff Directory