Native American Career & Technical Education Program
NACTEP is a federally funded program by the U.S. Department of Education to provide educational opportunities to Native people and their communities. The goal of the grant is to develop and strengthen the Tribe’s workforce and to meet the present and future occupational needs within its economic development plan. The main objectives of the grant are:
- Establishing partnerships between the Tribe, Higher Education, the community, and Lakeside School District.
- Provide academic support and college and career advising at Lakeside High School.
- Provide to GED students career and post-secondary advising.
- Provide career and post-secondary advising to Tribal members.
- Provide post-secondary advising and financial support to Tribal employees and community members working toward meeting local work force needs through two-year degree and certificate programs.
Washington State University School of Environment Opportunity
Washington State University’s School of the Environment is seeking a motivated, passionate, and field-oriented student to pursue a Master of Science (Natural Resource Sciences) involving silvicultural development of productive stands of black huckleberry on forest sites in northern Idaho and/or northeastern Washington State. If this is something you would like to consider, please contact Mark Swanson at: email@example.com by June 21st, 2021.