Coeur d’Alene Tribe Civil Attorney’s Office

Published May 2022

Civil Attorney: [Vacant]

Office Assistant: Kim Pakootas 208.686.5411

General Information

The Civil Attorney’s Office was established by the Coeur d’Alene Tribal Government to provide legal assistance to eligible individuals with civil (non-criminal) matters in Coeur d’Alene Tribal Court, which may include:

  • Child Support
  • Child Custody
  • Collections                    
  • Divorce
  • Domestic Violence
  • Guardianship
  • Landlord/ Tenant
  • Name Change
  • Probate      
  • Protection Orders
  • Restraining Orders
  • Small Claims 

The Civil Attorney’s Office does not provide assistance with any matter that poses a conflict of interest for the Coeur d’Alene Tribe.

Applicant/ Client Information

  • New Applicants: Legal assistance is unavailable until further notice.
  • Existing Clients: Contact the Office Assistant to discuss your file by calling (208) 686-5411.
  • If an immediate danger exists and you need help right away, call 911.

Criminal Cases in Coeur d’Alene Tribal Court

The Civil Attorney’s Office does not provide assistance with criminal matters in any jurisdiction. If you’ve been charged with a crime in Coeur d’Alene Tribal Court, you might qualify for legal assistance through the Public Defender’s Office. Visit the Justice Department’s site for more information.

All Other Inquiries

If you need further assistance, you may consult a private attorney at any time.  Contact the state bar in your jurisdiction for more information.