What is Career Renewal Voc Rehab?
We are a program intended to enable individuals to gain and or maintain appropriate employment by assisting with the removal of any barriers to his or her employment.
Career Renewal or Voc Rehab is an eligibility based program opposed to an entitlement program. It is funded under the Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitation Services, Section 121, Title I of the Rehabilitation Act of 1987, as amended.
Who Qualifies for Career Renewal or Voc Rehab?
- Enrolled members of a Federally Recognized Tribe living on or within a fifty mile radius of the Coeur d’Alene Indian Reservation.
- An enrolled member with a physical, mental or drug/alcohol related imparement (Documented by a licensed professional) resulting in a substantial barrier to employment.
What does Career Renewal Voc Rehab Offer?
- Assessment to determine your eligibility, individual strengths, limitations, interests and apptitude.
- Counseling and guidance to provide you with information necessary to make an informed choice about your individual plan for employment (IPE).
- Job related services for job search and placement assistance.
- Vocational and other training by paying the costs for your classes, books, tools or appropriate referral to ensure maximinzing consumer benefits.
What are Clinically Proven Disabilitites?
- Other Visual Impairments
- Hearing Loss
- Other Hearing Impairments
- Deaf – Blindness
- Communicative Impairments
- Mobility Orthaopedic/Neurological Impairments
- Manipulation/Dexterity Orthopedic/Neurological Impairments
- Other Orthopedic Impairments (Range of Motion)
- Respiratory Impairments
- General Physical Debilitation (Fatigue, Weakness, Pain, ETC.)
- Other Physical Impairments
- Cognitive Impairments (Learning & Thinking)
- Psychosocial Impairments (Interpersonal, Behavioral, Coping)
- Other Mental Impairments
- Drug and Alcohol Dependency
Disabilities Happen to Families not Individuals!
Therefore, our consumers have the right (If they choose) to include their families in their rehbilitation plan. The Career Renewal Office Philosophy is that a family centered rehabilitation case management approach focuses on family community as well as on the counselor.