Native American Career and Technical Education Program
NACTEP is a 5 year grant awarded to the Coeur d’ Alene Tribe Department of Education in the fall of 2007. NACTEP was just awarded a six years of funding through the U.S Department of Education. The goal of the grant is to develop and strengthen the Tribe’s workforce and to meet the present and future occupational needs within its economic development plan. Listed below are the five main objectives written in the grant in order to achieve this goal.
- Establishing partnerships between the Tribe, Higher Education, the community, and Lakeside School District
- Work with Lakeside High School staff to develop curriculum in career development for use in grades 9-12
- Provide to GED students career and post secondary counseling.
- Provide career and post secondary counseling to Tribal members.
- Provide post secondary counseling and financial support to Tribal employees and community members working toward the AAS in Business Leadership Degree
If you are 14 years of age or older, and enrolled in a Federally Recognized Tribe, this program can provide assistance in career development, work readiness skills, internships/apprenticeship possibilities, and post secondary education.
NACTEP Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Application Form #1
- Financial Aid Student Responsibility Intake Form #2
- Transcript/Attendance Release Form #3
- Student Loan Policy Form #4
- Copy of Tribal ID or Certificate of Indian Blood
- Copy of Acceptance Letter from College
- Personal Letter stating educational goals
- E-mail address
- DOE Middle & HS Student Application 2015-2016
Follow the AAS or PSC links to learn about Business Leadership programs:
Frequently Asked Questions
How long before I know if I have been approved for NACTEP funding?
As soon as all of the needed forms are completed and on file, the NACTEP Manager will call and advise you of the next steps necessary.
Can I still qualify for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA)?
Yes. We encourage students to fill out the FAFSA form and accept any aid they qualify for. If there is additional funding needed for tuition and/or books, NACTEP can cover the difference.
Does the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Business Leadership transfer to a four-year institution?
Yes. At this time, it transfers to Lewis Clark State College.
Can I receive additional funding for living expenses?
Unfortunately, NACTEP can only provide funding for tuition and books.