How do I become a member?
- Are you a member of another Tribe already?
- Do you have a parent or ancestor on our rolls?
- Do you reside on the reservation?
- If you are not a member of a federally recognized tribe and the answer is no to
either of the last two requirements, then transferring into the Coeur d'Alene tribe
is not possible.Additional Information can be found here:
The National Museum of the American Inidan
Where do I begin checking my ancestry? I know I have Indian blood in my family.
- Gather as much information about your grandparents and/or great- grandparents and
go to the genealogy section of the nearest city library. If you have birthdates
and places of your ancestor's, that would be very beneficial. From this point, you
should check with the area BIA
office to see which tribes are in the region of your ancestors birthplace
and begin your research with the local tribe (s). Then you will want to contact
the closest tribe(s) and provide the information that you have discovered to the
enrollment office and ask them to check their rolls and for a family tree if an
ancestor did appear on the rolls.
- Where do I go for blood test to show that I am Indian?
- There is no such test. If you wish to test for paternity,
check with your local court system to request a valid clinic/hospital for
testing. Remember, you must have another person that you are testing to show
that there is a relationship with to justify the testing. If the other person
being tested is not an enrolled member, then the paternity test is unnecessary.
- Am I available to receive benefits from the tribe because I live here on the reservation?
Memo to Tribal members for direct deposit
- Only if you are a member can you receive tribal benefits. However, you might want
to check with Benewah Medical Center and the
Tribal Wellness Center for eligibility for those services. If you are a member of
another federally recognized tribe, you may want to check with the Fish and Wildlife
program for options there.
Address Update Form
Name Change Update Form
Enrollment List Request
Direct Deposit Form
Coeur d'Alene Tribe HQ | p. 208.686.1800 | 850 A.Street, Plummer ID 83851